Friday, March 30, 2012

The farewell

I flew back to Auckland to spend a few days there before heading back to the States. It was nice to be back in the "big city" and to see familiar faces. The weather was lovely, which was a pleasant surprise. I spent the first couple days with my Dutch friend Patty (who is now enjoying Bali!). She even gave me a much-needed haircut!


My last full day in Auckland was March 17, St. Patrick's Day. I was lucky enough to be celebrating with an Irish friend, Louise, and some other lively folk. We started the day off with a parade that went through the city center Saturday morning.



Wouldn't be an Irish celebration without a few green beers! 

Later that evening we headed down to the Viaduct to enjoy some fantastic Irish music.

Even the Germans and Americans got in on the Irish dancing!

We met up with some other friends for a fun night out. The guy on the right was the best (read: most random) DJ I've ever heard.


Farewell, New Zealand... it's been fun!

My plan from here is to spend a few weeks back in the States, celebrate my new goddaughter's baptism in New Jersey, spend time with my family, and then continue my travels next month. Look forward to continuing to share this journey with family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. Where ya at Long? Too bad I missed you when you were in MA. We should've gotten the gang back together for a reunion.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yee! I'm in Texas at the moment! I never made it to MA... too tired! When I do plan a trip to Beantown I'll let you know! It'll be a while as I'm headed back west later this week. Hope all is well w/ you!

      Delete