Thursday, May 31, 2012

Melbourne to Perth

G'day, mates! Sorry for my lengthy hiatus but sometimes it's such a cumbersome task to upload photos and update the blog. I have been missing all my friends and family back in the States, though, so please know that I've been thinking of you often the past few weeks! I write from Broome, where I am currently 'stationed' for a bit, and will hopefully have some time to play catch up.

To start my time in Australia earlier this month, I spent a couple days in the lovely city of Melbourne. The time went by too fast, as I explored the city's cafes and botanical gardens with friends. Here are a few photos.







After a short time there, I flew to Perth. (Side note: I flew Tiger Airways, a budget airline that operates mainly here in Oz. If you ever think about using them, please talk to me first. I will convince you to stay far, far away!! Bad experience.)

 Perth, the capital and largest city in the state of Western Australia (known as WA), has a population of approximately 1.74 million and is listed in The Economist's top ten most livable cities.


Sunset at Freo (Fremantle), the original port city of Perth

With friends from the hostel: Rochelle (UK), Heather (Canada), and Sarah (Germany)

A view of the city from the hills of Kings Park

This Kiwi guy was chatting up Izzy then we turned around and he had fallen asleep...

One of my interesting Perth roomies, Rochelle, from the UK

My time in Perth was nice, but not nice enough to keep me from leaving after a week. Coming next: road tripping with new friends up Australia's west coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment