Sunday, February 5, 2012

The skydive

On my friend Celia's last day in Taupo, we decided to go skydiving. Statistically, Taupo has the most skydives per year of any city in the world. Crazy! So, we joined the extreme adventure enthusiasts and headed out to one of the many skydive companies in town. Of course, we went for the highest option possible of 15,000 feet. I was really calm the entire time, and enjoyed the amazing views from the plane as we ascended over Lake Taupo. I only freaked out for about 5 seconds when we actually jumped out of the plane, and the insanity of what I was doing finally hit me. It took me a couple seconds to remember to breathe, then it was absolutely amazing. Here are some pics of our adventure:
All ready to go in our cool red jumpsuits, with our friend Karl













In the plane... getting psyched!




This is Celia and Karl... an idea of what it was like jumping out of the plane over Lake Taupo.




Some of the best views of Taupo... from 15,000 feet




Coming down for a smooth landing




A big smile after landing




Me and my instructor Damon




Me and Celia... we made it!




2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I got a jolt of nervous energy seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking awesome in that skydive gear!!! Woooo!!

    Go Mary!

    Love,
    Fotini

    ReplyDelete