Friday, December 9, 2011

Spreading my wings

I will tread water
In the Gulf of Mexico.
I will climb the Alps
And visit Rome.
I'll speak fluent French
As I tour the Eiffel Tower,
I'll fly across the sky,
Then go dancing past the hour.
I'll stand on the hills of Ireland.
Afterwards, walk on the moon.
I'll see castles of England
From a hot air balloon.
I'll climb to the top of the world
And discover new things everyday.
I'll have exciting adventures,
Maybe even catch some rays.
And when I feel tired and exhausted
After learning so many new things,
I'll slowly turn the other way,
Take off and spread my wings.


This is a poem I wrote when I was 13 years old. 
So glad that 17 years later I am following through!



8 comments:

  1. Love this! You always knew u were destined for great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sissy! that is so awesome that you posted this poem. one day many moons ago when nobody was home i wrote a melody to it and sang it really loud, and now when i read it i can hear it in my head. i love you so much and am so glad that you are on this path -- you were meant to be!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great poem! So, you've been planning this since you were 13 (or some version of it), eh? Yahooo!! Makin' dreams happen!! That is what I'm talkin' about! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, It's so cool to read your updates. Love the poem. Inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw Mlong! That's so cute! I hope you're doing well! I miss you terribly! It's not the same passing by OVM any more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetest thing ever Mary Long! I'm vicariously living through you! I miss you!

    Please keep me updated about future plans (India and Africa). I'm totally serious about meeting up!

    P.S. Your small XMas tree is up and lit! Everything reminds me of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, friends, for the love and support! Miss you all dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's awesome! a poem i read when i was a kid inspired me to travel. the power of poems eh? If you do make it to England on a hot air balloon be sure to give me a wave :)

    ReplyDelete